Call for Content: Occupational therapy practitioners and students – we need your help with writing OT content. Learn more
Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to participate in the free knowledge movement, you may:
- Read, edit, or use any My OT Wiki Site without registering an account.
- Register for an account without providing an email address or real name.
We collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions.
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback.
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the My OT Wiki Sites, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the My OT Wiki Sites, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to a My OT Wiki Site will be publicly and permanently available.
- If you add content or make a change to a My OT Wiki Site without logging in, that content or change will be publicly and permanently archived in the public interest; your content or change will be attributed to the IP address used at the time rather than a username.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of the My OT Wiki Sites, who are chosen by the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the My OT Wiki Sites and enforce policies.
Information We Receive Automatically
Because of how browsers work, we receive some information automatically when you visit the My OT Wiki Sites. This information includes the type of device you are using (possibly including unique device identification numbers, for some beta versions of our mobile applications), the type and version of your browser, your browser's language preference, the type and version of your device's operating system, in some cases the name of your internet service provider or mobile carrier, the website that referred you to the My OT Wiki Sites, which pages you request and visit, and the date and time of each request you make to the My OT Wiki Sites.
Put simply, we use this information to enhance your experience with My OT Wiki Sites. For example, we use this information to administer the sites, provide greater security, and fight vandalism; optimize mobile applications, customize content and set language preferences, test features to see what works, and improve performance; understand how users interact with the My OT Wiki Sites, track and study use of various features, gain understanding about the demographics of the different My OT Wiki Sites, and analyze trends.
Information We Collect
We use a variety of commonly-used technologies, like cookies, to understand how you use the My OT Wiki Sites, make our services safer and easier to use, and to help create a better and more customizable experience for you.
Depending on which technology we use, locally stored data can be anything from text, pictures, and whole articles (as we explain further below) to Personal Information (like your IP address) and information about your use of the My OT Wiki Sites (like your username or the time of your visit).
We use this information to make your experience with the My OT Wiki Sites safer and better, to gain a greater understanding of user preferences and their interaction with the My OT Wiki Sites, and to generally improve our services.
This Site is affiliated with Google AdSense for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. Google AdSense uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google AdSense and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, Google AdSense and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
How We Use Your Information:
- Serving Ads
- Ad Reporting and Conversions
- Customizing Ads
- Performance Analytics
- Contextual-Based Advertising
- Location-Based Advertising
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by such cookies with Google AdSense and our other third-party partners.