Call for Content: Occupational therapy practitioners and students – we need your help with writing OT content. Learn more
My OT Wiki:Citing
Thank you for citing your sources to make My OT Wiki a reliable source of knowledge for the occupational therapy community. We made it easy for you to "cite on this site".
Citing New Sources
- Copy the citation to the clipboard – An easy way to find the citation is to go to Google Scholar, type the title in the search box, and click the " [citation] button. This will open a pop-up box of available citations formats. We prefer APA format. Copy this to the clip board.
- At the end of the sentence where you would like to insert a citation, Click the [Cite] button in the top edit toolbar (between the link and bullet list buttons).
- Click [Basic] if it's your first time citing this particular source.
- Paste the citation into the box.
- Click [Insert].
- Finished! A numbered citation link will now appear, e.g. .
- Repeat the same process from steps #1-5 to cite additional different sources. If citing the same source multiple times in the page, see below.
Re-using Sources in the Same Page
We make it easy to re-use the same citation later in the same page:
- At the end of the sentence where you want to re-use a citation, click [Cite] from the top editing toolbar.
- Click [Re-use]
- Click on the citation you want to re-use from the list of previously cited sources.